Pre-Project Planning Services
- Establishing the site-specific nuances and needs of the client and the surrounding environment so that we can be as prepared in the initial project phases as possible.
- Participating in periodic design reviews with Owner, Architect and Consultants as needed.
- Providing a full-time estimator to work in conjunction with the architect to correctly identify the scope of work.
- Providing value engineering, system analysis, and additional estimating services as required to bring the project within the Owner’s budget.
- Providing additional cost estimates and evaluations as required through the construction document phase to assure that the project remains within the budget.
- Providing professional, competent supervision of the project in the form of a Project Manager (time shared between onsite and Delran Builder’s home office), Project Superintendent (onsite), Bookkeeping and Secretarial Personnel (Delran Builder’s home office) in the best effort to advance the Owner’s interests.
- Providing control and coordination over all construction means, methods, techniques, sequences, procedures and trade subcontractor work to facilitate construction of the project in accordance with the construction documents, construction schedule and construction cost estimate.
- Soliciting and analyzing bids from trade subcontractors and material/equipment suppliers. Delran Builders will also evaluate the capability and qualifications of the bidding subcontractors and will prepare a list of recommended subcontractors and suppliers to the Owner for each specific scope of work.
- Developing a procurement strategy that identifies long lead items and the schedule implications and associated costs.
- Providing Value Engineering Analysis throughout both the design and construction processes. Delran Builders will also recommend necessary or desirable changes to the Owner and Architect/Engineer for consideration.
- Developing and updating a Master Project Schedule from Conceptual Design Phase through the Construction Phase to Project Turnover.
- Preparing and administer trade subcontracts on behalf of the Owner.
- Implementing and maintaining a site specific Safety Program consistent with the Owner’s Safety Performance Standards and any site specific safety standards. Delran Builders will incorporate this requirement into all trade subcontract agreements.
- Holding regularly scheduled Owner/Architect Project Progress Meetings. Delran Builders will prepare and distribute minutes of these meetings.
- Providing the Owner/Architect with copies of all required close-out documentation and as-built drawings.
- Providing the Owner/Architect with all required MEP start-up documentation and test reports.
- Providing the Owner with a written one-year warranty for all materials and workmanship.
- Holding regularly scheduled post-construction review meetings (generally every four months) to review the workmanship until the warranty period is surpassed.
- Providing a detailed maintenance program for the normal, everyday maintenance of the building structure and mechanical equipment, if desired.
During all of the projects on which we have worked with Delran Builders, we have found them to be a top quality contractor. They bring a high level of professionalism to their work and are committed to creating a successful project. They are very skilled at helping to work through solutions, keep cost under control and stay on schedule. I also cannot speak highly enough about their field superintendents. They are consistently present onsite and are always willing to discuss questions and concerns to ensure a successful solution. I have never seen such a high level of professional service, attention to detail and personal interest in a project as I have from Delran Builders.
For the past 20 or so years, Arcadia University has depended on Delran Builders to assist with the design, construction and outfitting of not only our most important signature buildings, but many smaller and equally difficult and complex projects on Campus. When one considers the award winning Landman Library, the equally impressive Brubaker / Easton Halls with their award winning water feature, or our most recently constructed University Commons, Delran Builders played a critical and prominent role insuring that our precious University dollars had been wisely, carefully and thoughtfully spent to great effect. High quality craftsmanship, management and exceptional results are the end product of their many years of labor here at Arcadia.
There is simply no way I can fully describe, in a short amount of space, the many positive contributions Delran and its folks have made to the betterment of this University. They have been more than partners; they have become stakeholders in our success. Many of their personnel have worked on our Campus for many years, so much so that they have become well known, well liked, and respected by the Campus Community. I think that being considered (fondly) a full member of the Arcadia Family says the most about their long lasting legacy at this institution.
I wanted to take a minute to pass along a Thank You to Chris and his team for all their hard work and support of the Delaware Valley University.
Over the years, DelVal has tasked Delran Builders with tight deadlines and tough situations for new construction, restoration and remediation projects throughout our campus. Delran Builders is a professional and focused team to deliver projects on time. They also offer creative solutions when things don’t go as planned, which happens with our aging campus. Delran will always help and change course as necessary to get the job done. They are true professionals who do not stop until the customer is satisfied.
We value our relationship with Delran and know they are a trusted vendor partner with Delaware Valley University. We refer Delran to any other company or institution in need of a trusted contractor for capital and planned maintenance projects.
I recently had the pleasure to work with the Delran team as we completely renovated a 44 bed Memory Care neighborhood at Rose Gardens while occupied by residents.
The relationship that was established by Delran and our team was the reason that we were successful in completing this complex project and continue to provide the best care to our residents. The Delran team was extremely focused on safety and the interactions of their team.
As an organization who places high expectations on the values of their employees, the Delran team was a great fit! They didn’t just come and perform a task, they became part of our Ann’s Choice family.
The end result has been amazing! The craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident.
The residents and families love their new home.
We recently completed two rather detailed lobby renovations in occupied buildings with Delran Builders; both projects were completed on time and within budget. Delran deftly navigated the pitfalls of renovating in occupied spaces … they were clean, helpful and friendly to our residents, and patient and mindful of our need to conduct business without interruption. Delran maintained a constant presence on site, and senior management was flexible enough to meet with me on site with short notice, meeting the demands of my schedule. Original project pricing and the change order process was completely transparent, making it clean and easy to report to Ownership and our CFO. Delran and its subcontractor base were professional, detailed with their pricing and scope, and delivered the product for which I bargained. I have referred Delran twice in the short time since completing our first project together, and I look forward to getting them back to work.
We have worked with Delran on several projects, each of which had its own unique challenge. During the renovation of a skilled nursing unit, they had to work in and around residents who has serious health issues. Their team was conscientious, considerate, and the job site was impeccably clean. On another project, a school had planned a significant summer renovation that I honestly questioned whether it could be accomplished before the start of school. It was a major effort, but Delran completed the job before school opened. They are a pleasure to work with, and their leadership is a calm, steady presence on every job. I would recommend them without reservation.
Delran Builders helped our school complete a large renovation of our classrooms and common spaces. The timeline and budget were extremely tight, and our close proximity to neighbors made debris removal challenging. We were very pleased with the quality of work and the recommendations made by Delran to ensure the best outcomes for our students and community. The renovation was a huge success, and the project was completed on time and on budget.